Lindsay Lohan is suing E*Trade for $100 million dollars for what she calls pain and suffering at the hands of the above video, which she believes is poking fun at her.
The video shows a baby girl upset with her baby boyfriend for not calling her. The boy responds that he was diversifying his portfolio to which the girl responds, “And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn’t over?”
Lohan reportedly called her mother sobbing after viewing the commercial. According to Lohan’s mother, Dina, her daughter called and said, “Mommy, help me. This is wrong. How can they do this?”
E*Trade declined comment….I would too as I am still laughing at how funny that phone call to her mother must have sounded. My suggestion is to do a spoof on the phone call between Londsay Lohan and her mom. THAT would be hilarious!
Famous writer of Harry Potter is being sued along with her publishing company. The Plaintiff is the estate of late English Author Adrian Jacobs, and they claim that Harry Potter and some of the games, prison, and scenes are similar to his 1987 book, “The Adventures of Willy the Wizard.”
“I am saddened that yet another claim has been made that I have taken material from another source to write Harry,” Rowling said.
She also goes on to say that when you make this much money and have something this popular, people are bound to come out of the woodwork to get some of the action. She also says she’s never heard of or read Willy the Wizard.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are suing the UK based tabloid, News of the World, over the article published about them meeting with attorneys to divide their estate. The false article, which went global and was reprinted by just about everyone, including us, said that the couple was splitting, and neg with attorneys on how to divide up their assets and child custody.
Pitt and Jolie decided to sue the paper after attempts for a reasonable apology failed. They also demanded a retraction of the article, which did not occur.
In response to reports that Bruce Springsteen was suing a Manhattan bar for playing his songs, the singer announced Thursday that the lawsuit in question was filed without his permission, The New York Times reports. The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) filed a copyright infringement suit Wednesday in Manhattan Federal Court, alleging that Connolly’s Pub & Restaurant failed to pay fees when a band publicly performed two of Springsteen’s songs back in August 2008.
Springsteen was listed as a plaintiff in the suit, but the rocker maintains he had no involvement with the legal action. “ASCAP was solely responsible for naming Bruce Springsteen as a plaintiff in the lawsuit,” said Springsteen’s publicity firm in a statement. “Bruce Springsteen had no knowledge of this lawsuit, was not asked if he would participate as a named plaintiff, and would not have agreed to do so if he had been asked.”
Call the lawyers! A singer that goes by the name of Phoenix Phenom and her fellow co-writer are suing the Black Eyed Peas, claiming that the group stole a song they submitted to Interscope records and that it was later turned into the Peas’ number one hit ‘Boom Boom Pow’ illegally. While there’s no way to verify when the tune was submitted to Interscope or if the Peas ever got their hands on it, let’s go ahead and compare the two songs, shall we? Listen/compare below!
Phoenix Phenom Boom Dynamite
Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow
Bristol Palin is suing her ex-boyfriend, Levi Johnson for owed back child support. The claim is that Levi owes owed $18,350, based on required payments of $1,750 a month since the December 2008.
Alaskain law requires child support of up to 20% of your income, up to $105k. According to Palin and her attorney, Johnson only paid $4,400 in the 13 months instead of the $22,750 he owed.
Bristol has provided nearly 100 percent of the care and custody for the parties’ child,” her lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, said in the complaint. “However, Bristol has received only limited and sporadic child support payments from Mr. Johnston.”
Dan rather won’t be seeing any of the money from his $70 million dollar lawsuit. Yesterday the NY Supreme Court decline to hear the case and said the lower courts ruling (in which his case was dismissed) will stand.
Dan Rather was removed from the CBS anchor chair over the President Bush/National Guard story. It turned out most of the documents sited had been fakes.
“I believed then and I believe now that it’s important the public understand how much influence in collusion big government and big business can have in affecting how the news is handled,” Rather said in an interview Tuesday. “And that should not be.”
“Nobody likes to lose,” he added. “But I thought carefully before I went into this. I decided, win or lose, some things are worth fighting for. And this is worth fighting for. And I have no intention of giving up the fight.”
A CBS spokesman declined to respond, saying simply, “We will let Dan have the last word on his lawsuit.”
Jessica Simpson is so angry over Star magazine linking her to Tiger Woods that the buxom blond may sue the celebrity rag.
Various media report that the singer is threatening legal action against the publication after it ran a cover story claiming she was the latest addition to the golfer’s growing harem.
“Tiger liked what he saw and let her know it,” a source allegedly told Star.
Simpson took to Twitter yesterday to lash out at the supposed fabrication.
“Can’t believe that I’m on the cover of star magazine with Tiger Woods, what a JOKE! ‘The Shocking Inside Story’ is (insert drumroll) A LIE!”
Apparently, a sex tape has been found on a laptop that was stolen from Tila Tequila over two years ago. She now plans to sue over the release of the tape.
Singapore born singer/model Tila Tequila has threatened to take legal action over leaked sex tape footage she alleges was stolen from her laptop.
You may also want to see
Tequila, 28, who is featured in an explicit video with an unidentified man on pornography website 4Tube.com, claims the adult film was obtained illegally, as the footage was stored in a computer she reported stolen in 2007.
According to TMZ.com, she is threatening to sue the website’s bosses if they fail to take down the video and her lawyer, Cyrus Nownejad, has already begun proceedings.
“A police report has been filed for Tila’s stolen laptop computer which contained that specific clip,” the Daily Star quoted Nownejad as saying.
“I am currently in the process of sending a cease and desist letter and a notice of intent to sue if (the footage) is not removed,” he added.
You can watch a segment of the leaked tape HERE It’s From 4 Tube and is NOT SFW (NSFW)
Cash-crunched actor Nicolas Cage’s two homes in New Orleans were auctioned off this week, and movers carted away some of the “National Treasure” star’s treasured doodads.
Carpets and a stained-glass window were among the items removed from one house, according to TMZ.com.
The two Big Easy properties, in the French Quarter and Garden District, went under the hammer Thursday after a local lender foreclosed for unpaid mortgage debts, reported the New Orleans Times-Picayune’s site, Nola.com.
Cage, whose father died last month, did not attend the auction, the Web site said.
GOING, GONE: Movers empty a New Orleans home of star Nicolas Cage, who was forced to auction off two houses to pay debts.
The Oscar winner and extravagant shopper — he has owned at least two castles and two Bahamian islands — is currently mired in a money meltdown, with the IRS claiming he owes around $6 million in unpaid taxes.
There were reports yesterday that Johnny Depp would come to his pal Cage’s fiscal rescue. Cage had jump-started a young Depp’s career by directing him to his own agent.
“Johnny called Nic and basically told him not to worry, and he’d help him and sort everything out,” London’s Daily Express said, quoting an unnamed friend.
Cage’s rep, Annett Wolf, denied the claim. “This is 100 percent false,” she told The Post. “Mr. Cage is handling his own financial affairs.” Wolf declined to comment about Cage’s fiscal status.
Cage has blamed his business manager, insisting he sent him “down a path toward financial ruin.”
In a lawsuit filed in California, Cage claims that over a period of seven years, business manager Samuel Levin “placed Cage in numerous highly speculative and risky real-estate investments, resulting in Cage suffering catastrophic losses,” TMZ reported last month.
Levin yesterday did not return a call for comment.
Cage outbid actor Leo DiCaprio at an auction in 2007, shelling out $276,000 for a dinosaur skull, New York magazine said in a recent issue.
As of October 2009, “most of his dozen or so homes, 50 cars, two islands, two yachts and jet have been sold, foreclosed upon or are on the market,” the magazine said.
When it comes to overspending, Cage has said, “I find ways of spending money that mystify everybody around me.”
Foes Of Conservative Christian Carrie Prejean Saved By Her XXX Sex Tape But Prejean’s hopes to make some big dough were dashed when the pageant’s lawyer found a sex tape she had made.
Sorry Bitch, now you have to get a job like the rest of us.
Carrie Prejean’s pastor isn’t willing to give up on his famous fallen beauty queen, after learning she made a graphic, solo sex tape.
Pastor Darren Carrington from The Rock Church in San Diego says, “Everyone is a work in progress,” adding everyone has “something we’re not proud of.”
The Pastor is reacting to the TMZ story that Carrie folded like a cheap suit during settlement negotiations with Miss California USA officials after they pulled out the ultimate Trump card — a solo sex tape.
We’re told it took about 15 seconds for Carrie to reduce her demand from more than $1 million to … just validate my parking, please.
Maybe now she’ll stop telling everyone else how to live!
Kate Winslet has followed up her Oscar-winning role in The Reader with a damages-winning role as the Litigator.
The A-lister has banked more than $40,000 in damages after winning a lawsuit against Britain’s Daily Mail for a story that falsely claiming she lied about her workout routine.
The article in question, headlined “Should Kate Winslet Win an Oscar for the World’s Most Irritating Actress,” was published in January alongside naked pics of Winslet.
The 34-year-old thesp was not in court for the verdict, but her solicitor read a statement on her behalf explaining how the story had offended her and caused her a “great deal of distress” not only because it was “simply not true,” but it also left people the wrong impression about her views on the female body.
Read Full Article HERE
Public enemy Jon Gosselin is still holding tight to his title. Last Friday, it was reported that the Jon and Kate Plus 8 (minus the Jon) star has been sued by TLC for a breach of contract. That morning, the network filed the lawsuit in Maryland for several reasons.
According to E! Online, TLC didn’t sue because Jon tried to stop production for the show. It’s because the reality TV dad signed an exclusive contract with TLC and isn’t supposed to be whining about his life by giving unauthorized interviews . The thing is, the network hasn’t allowed him to blab on programs like The Insider or Entertainment Tonight, since they’re paying him to appear there.
Another reason why TLC has been on Jon Gosselin’s case (and who isn’t?) is that he’s ignoring obligations to shut up about his private life. For months now, the network has supposedly been trying “privately and patiently” to convince the dad of eight to honor his contract. Of course, we all know that Jon’s stupid stubbornness have made “those efforts [...] unsuccessful,” as TLC’s statement says.
More at Buddy TV
The TLC network is suing Jon Gosselin for breaching his contract as star of the now-shelved Jon & Kate Plus 8.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Maryland, alleges that the Father of the Year (just kidding) hasn’t met the obligations of his contract as an exclusive employee, has appeared on other programs for pay and made unauthorized disclosures about the show.
The network didn’t mention Jon’s various affairs with bartenders, nannies and college students.