As the holidays get into full swing, you have probably started to choose all the decor for your various holiday parties and get-togethers! If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party, you might be wondering how to plan the perfect event to end the current year – and start the next one! Here are some great tips for hosting a stylish New Year’s Eve party!
A great party is one that’s personalized. Personalized coasters are perfect if you’re hosting a NYE game night or using glassware instead of plasticware. Personalization makes the party feel much more welcoming. Instead of using the standard plasticware from the Dollar Store, take things a step up by using personalized ware in your party! Here are some other ways to personalize your party:
- Drinkware: Personalized drinkware is a great way to add something extra to your New Year’s Eve party. Whether you choose wine glasses, cocktail glasses or beer steins, personalized drinkware will make any party infinitely more memorable. Drinkware can also double as favors for your guests – a perfect two-for-one!
- Napkins: Personalized napkins for your party are a fun way to brighten up the vibe. Add the date or location of your party to the napkins for extra flair. Be sure to add it to a shadow box to memorialize it!
Create a Fun Playlist
Let’s face it – the music makes the party. Put together a perfect playlist with a mix of classic and new tunes that everyone will love. You can always request that your guests provide you with their favorite song when they RSVP to your party so that you can have a playlist filled with songs everyone will love. That’s sure to get at least one person dancing for each song that comes across. If you don’t already pay for a premium subscription of a music streaming service, go ahead and schedule a free trial during New Year’s Eve so you can have an ad-free experience during your party!
Consider a Theme for Your Party
What’s a good party without a theme? If you’re looking for a way to ensure your party has immense success, consider choosing a theme! Whether you pick a retro theme, Roaring 20s or you choose something related to a favorite TV show or movie, having a theme for your New Year’s Eve party can really help you narrow down decor, food, games and drinks! Here are some popular themes for New Year’s Eve parties:
- Roaring 20s: Flapper dresses, dapper suits, gold and silvers… the more extravagant, the better! Roaring 20s features some fun food and drink options, too. Did you know that mimosas were invented in the mid-1920s? That’s right! Even during Prohibition, there were lots of fun cocktails created during the Roaring 20s. Take New Year’s Eve to try them out!
- 1980s: New Year’s Eve is all about the flashy, and so were the 1980s! Use bold, bright neon colors for your decor and consider cooking some of your favorite dishes you had growing up as a kid. This theme works well for those who grew up in the ’80s and possibly still have some of their old clothes. But, even those who never used Aqua Net or listened to Madonna on repeat on their Walkman can definitely still have a fun New Year’s Eve party! Play lots of popular tunes from the time to make the event even more fun.
- Galaxy: Bring the stars to your living room during your New Year’s Eve party this year! This theme is great for food since you can mix the colors of pink, blue, black and purple to create a cosmos effect in many of your foods. A galaxy theme is great to complement the fireworks that will inevitably start to go off at midnight. With a galaxy theme, your New Year’s Eve party will surely be out-of-this-world!
- All Gold Everything: New Year’s Eve parties are typically all about bright and shiny, so why not go for the gold by instructing all your guests to wear gold? Use gold decor pieces, including serveware for your food and drinks. Use gold photo booth props and banners for your party, as well!
New Year’s Eve Cocktails
A good New Year’s Eve party also has a variety of cocktails to choose from. While many party hosts will simply stock their mini bar with a variety of spirits and mixers, letting guests create their own concoctions, consider having themed drinks at your party! Here are some popular NYE drinks you can serve this year.
- Sidecar: A Sidecar is a classic New Year’s Eve cocktail. Typically made with Cognac, lemon juice and triple sec, a Sidecar will go over well with any of your guests this year. Make sure to have orange peel on hand for garnish!
- Death in the Afternoon: A drink created by Ernest Hemingway in the 1920s, Death in the Afternoon features absinthe as one of the main stars. In fact, there’s only two ingredients – absinthe and prosecco! You can use regular champagne as well, as that’s what the original drink was made with, but prosecco is a much more affordable alternative.
- Moscow Mule: Traditionally made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice, there are many variations of a Moscow Mule out there. Usually served with a copper mug, you can easily find all the necessary ingredients for a mule that will please a crowd. Your guests will love using their copper mugs to drink their mules!
- Mulled Cider: Spike a cozy drink with dark liquor this year and serve it on a cold New Year’s Eve night! You can even make mulled cider in your slow cooker so that you can set it and forget it. Turn it into a cocktail right before serving by adding the booze of your choice. Use fun NYE mugs to serve in, and send them away with your guests as personalized gifts! They’re perfect as a favor for guests to use in the future and remember your event.