You’ve been driving your car for long enough now. It keeps showing signs of shutting down, but you are still hanging on to it. Why? Some people have a sentimental attachment to a car and can’t bear to replace it. But most people are just looking for a good deal to buy a new one.
Well, if you are looking to buy a new, affordable car, better get your money ready. Fall and winter are among the best times to purchase a vehicle. Here’s why.
Reasons fall and winter is the ideal time to buy cars
In fall, vehicle manufacturers are trying to get rid of the old models out of their inventory to bring in some new ones. If some cars have not been selling well, this is the time to get a good deal on them. Check for new models and then see if you can get a good deal on their older versions (2018, 2017 etc).
If you don’t get the right car for a reasonable price in fall, you are sure to get one in winter when discounts are off the roof. In fact, the absolute best time to buy a vehicle in the year is in the last week of December, these are the last few days that car salespeople have to meet their yearly targets. They are chasing a bigger bonus and will give you a better price.
End of quarter car buying window
If this information got to you too late and you have no money set away for buying a car this year, don’t worry. Another excellent time to purchase a vehicle is at the end of every quarter.
That means at the end of March, June, September, and December. At this time, car dealers are desperate to meet their quotas and give car buyers amazing discounts. So, if you are not ready to buy your car this fall or winter, prepare for March or June of next year. You could also wait for winter and fall next year.
If you are wondering which day is the best day of the week to buy a car, then Monday is the answer. Don’t schedule a car buy during the weekend as many people go shopping at that time and dealers are frugal with their discounts.
Features to look for when buying a new family car
Now that you know the best time to buy a car, maybe you are wondering what features to look out for in a great car. Well, there are a few standard things you should look out for when purchasing a family car.
How much are you willing to spend on gas? Buying a car at a great price and then spending a considerable chunk of your income on fuel bills makes no financial sense. Buy a vehicle whose fuel costs you can handle.
A family car has to be spacious enough to fit all your family members and any luggage you need to carry daily. Check leg space, seater capacity, and cargo space. Extra space on the roof rails is a bonus.
When driving your family around, you need to know they will be safe. If a car provides extra safety features to help you drive safely on the road, it’s worth a buy. Statistics prove that safety features help you to not only prevent accidents, but also increase your chances of surviving one. Here are some car safety features to look out for when buying your car.
- Anti-lock brake system
- Traction control
- Reversing cameras and rear park assist
- Forward collision
- Airbags and seat belts
- Lane keep assist and lane departure warning
- Adaptive cruise control
These are the three main things that should guide your vehicle purchase. Most people get stuck on looking for their favorite color, and luxury features forgetting to keep an eye on the basics.
It’s not wrong to pick a car based on luxury features or color, but do it after ensuring it contains all the basic features of a good car. When it comes to car accessories, you can always upgrade the car as the days go by. So don’t let a good vehicle pass you by while chasing after accessories you can install later.
Reliable vehicles to purchase this fall and winter
There are some excellent family cars you should look at when out shopping for your family car. These are:
The Subaru Outback is a great family car that will last you a minimum of five years. Some great features are:
- A dual camera with Eyesight driver assists technology provides features like lane-keep assist, throttle management, and adaptive cruise control.
- Fuel efficiency with an 18.5-gallon fuel tank and 32 mph consumption.
- Five seater passenger capacity, 35.5 cubic feet of cargo space, and extra space on the roof rails.
Another ideal car to buy for your family is the Honda CR-V. It comes with:
- The Honda sensing suit to guide your driving with features such as forward collision warning and collision mitigation braking.
- All-Wheel-Drive and fuel efficiency at 27 miles per gallon in the city and 33 on the highway.
- Spacious five-seater capacity with a little over 39 cubic feet of cargo space.
Another excellent option for a family car is the Volvo XC40. It comes with:
- Great safety features such as interactive 360-degree view capability, stability control, and anti-lock brakes.
- Security features like the ignition disable option that only allows the car to start when using the original car key.
- Five seater capacity with a stylish and spacious interior.
- Fuel consumption of 23 miles per gallon in the city and 33 on the highway.
If you are looking for a family truck, look no further than the Toyota Tacoma. It comes with:
- Toyota safety sense features like pre-collision alert, pedestrian detection, and adaptive cruise control.
- Maximum 6 -footbed with 33.8 cubic feet cargo capacity.
- Infotainment system with features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Fuel consumption of 20 miles per gallon in the city and 24 on the highway.
- Five – seater durable interior.
These are a few awesome cars you can buy this fall or winter when car prices are likely to be at their lowest. You can look at more cars here. Make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to buy affordable vehicles before the year ends.